Vivo has introduced a new midrange device in India dubbed the Y33S.
The Vivo Y33S is powered by the gaming-centric MediaTek Helio G80 octa-core processor, partnered with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage that’s expandable up to 1TB via a microSD card.
Everything else is pretty standard for a midrange phone. There’s a 6.58-inch FHD+ screen and a substantial 5,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging. There’s a waterdrop notch on top of the screen for the selfie camera.
Possibly the main highlight here is the ultra-sharp 50-megapixel main camera on the back, with two 2-megapixel obligatory sensors. Started with the Redmi 10, we may begin seeing 50-megapixel cameras in more midrange phones in the future.
The Vivo Y33S has a price of INR17,990 (around Php12,200) and is now available in India. Its release details in other markets are yet to be revealed.
Vivo Y33S Specs
- Android 11, FuntouchOS 11.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio G80 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Mali-G52 MC2 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 1TB
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (f/2.4, macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Single loudspeaker, 3.5mm Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 76.1 x 8mm
- Weight: 182g
- Colors: Midday Dream, Mirror Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging