Vivo quietly launches a new midrange smartphone. And from what it looks like, the Philippines got first dibs with it.
A lot of promoters have posted the Vivo Y95 across Facebook, by which confirmed the device’s humble specs and price tag.
The Y95 sports a Vivo V11-like design with its gradient back panel and a large 6.22-inch display with a halo notch on top. As a compromise, Vivo only used an HD+ 1520 x 720 resolution screen on this one instead of an FHD+ one.
It also comes with a downgraded Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 octa-core processor, but with a much decent 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. To make up for the toned-down hardware, the Vivo Y95 sports an enormous 4,030mAh battery.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a Vivo smartphone without the jam-packed cameras. What we’re dealing with here is a 20-megapixel selfie shooter on the front and a dual 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel cameras on the back.
Vivo Y95 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, FunTouch OS 4.5
- Dual SIM
- 6.22-inch HD+ IPS display, 1520 x 720 pixel resolution, ~270ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 64GB internal storage
- 20-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual rear cameras, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- Jovi AI
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Colors: Aurora Red, Starry Black
- 4,030mAh non-removable battery
The Vivo Y95 has an official retail price of Php13,999. It’s now available through Vivo stores and kiosks nationwide. We also expect it to hit Vivo’s official shops in Lazada and Shopee, but as of writing, the device is not listed there yet.