Vivo is not yet done in introducing new smartphones. In China, the company has revealed its new Z-series.
From the first look, the Vivo Z1 actually looks a lot like the Vivo V9 with the same glass-like design. The exterior is very identical — from the dual-camera setup, fingerprint scanner, and branding placement. It also has notched display with extremely thin bezels all around — resulting in a 90% screen-to-body ratio. The Z1 also has the same screen size, resolution, and battery capacity as the V9.
Digging down inside, we see a bunch of changes made. It has a more powerful Snapdragon 660 chipset with 4GB of RAM compared to the Snapdragon 626 of the V9. Not only that, the cameras were also compromised with only 12-megapixel selfie shooter and a combination of 13-megapixel and 2-megapixel sensors.
Vivo Z1 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, FunTouch OS 4.0
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (Hybrid)
- 6.257-inch Full HD+ 19:9 IPS 2.5D Display, 2280 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~400ppi
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor
- Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel rear cameras with LED flash
- 12-megapixel front-facing camera
- WiFi 802.11 ac, WiFi hotspot
- HSPA+, LTE
- Face unlock
- Bluetooth v5.0
- Fingerprint sensor
- GPS, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 154.81 x 75.03 x 7.89mm
- Weight: 149.3g
- Colors: Red, Blue, Black
- 3,260mAh battery
The Vivo Z1 has an official price of 1,798 Yuan ($280 / Php14,700). It’s now available for pre-order and it will be released in stores beginning the 4th of June.