Xiaomi introduced a couple of new hardware products today. One of them is the Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro, which its CEO Lei Jun claims as “the king of Android”.
Jun’s declaration may be true as the Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro has a flashy specs sheet. There’s the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor, for starters — possibly the best chipset you can find on a mobile device today.
The chipset is cooled by Xiaomi’s large 150mm vapor chamber with copper heat sink.
This should also help cool down the enormous 5,000mAh battery when charging via the 67W wired or 67W wireless charging, which can fill up the device in only 36 minutes. Oh, and it’s not a regular battery.
Instead of splitting the battery in half, it uses a Silicon Oxygen anode cell for increased density, improved conductivity, and faster cheaper — all while keeping the profile slim.
Unlike what Apple did, Xiaomi is not forcing you to be “environment friendly.” With that, you have the choice to get a bundled charger or not. The charger comes with its own box and is free of charge.
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro is also the first device to come with a 50-megapixel Samsung GN2 sensor. It’s 1/1.2-inch in size, the largest mobile sensor around. It comes with a 1.4μm sensor, Dual Pixel Pro AF, Stagger HDR, and ISO fusion. 8K video recording is also possible.
A periscope-style lens with OIS that can do 5x optical and 50x optical zoom. Next to it is a standard 13-megapixel ultra-wide lens.
There’s a selfie camera inside a punch-hole on the top of the screen. The display itself is an enormous curved 6.81-inch QHD+ AMOLED panel, with a 120Hz refresh rate, Dolby Vision, and Gorilla Glass Victus protection. The stereo speakers are tuned by Harman Kardon.
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro has a price of CNY4,999 (around Php36,900) for the 8GB/128GB, CNY5,299 (around Php39,100) for the 8GB/256GB, and CNY5,699 (around Php42,000) for the top-tier 12GB/256GB model. It will be initially available in China starting April 2, while their release in markets like the Philippines is yet to be announced.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro Specs
- Android 11, MIUI 12
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 6.81-inch QHD+ AMOLED display, 3200 x 1440 pixel resolution, 515ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling
- 100% DCI P3, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 1,500-nits
- 2.84GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 octa-core processor
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 660 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 20-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (GN2, Dual-Pixel PDAF, OIS, f/2.0) + 13-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 8-megapixel (periscope, 5x optical, 50x digital) rear cameras, Dual LED flash
- 8K video recording
- Harman Kardon-tuned stereo speakers
- No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- dual-band GPS, GLONASS, A-GPS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- IR Blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 74.6 x 8.53mm
- Weight: 108g
- Colors: Purple, Green, Black
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, IP68 water and dust resistant
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 67W wired charging, 67W wireless charging, 10W reverse wireless charging