Xiaomi is bringing another high-end device here in the Philippines. This time, we have the Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro, the most advanced sibling of the company’s current flagship line-up.
The Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro packs some of the usual features that you can find on traditional flagship devices, plus a few extra more. This thing is powered by the trusty Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, with 8GB of memory, and 128GB of expandable storage.
On the front, we have a 6.21-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED screen, complete with the modern in-display fingerprint scanner that we see in most high-end devices today.
Since this is another flagship offering for the Chinese brand, the Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro boasts a really capable set of cameras. What we’re dealing here is a 20-megapixel selfie snapper on the front, and a 12-megapixel (wide) + 12-megapixel (telephoto) dual cameras on the back with optical image stabilizer.
The Mi 8 Pro will run on Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box with Xiaomi’s MIUI interface on top. It also has a 3,000mAh battery that’s partnered with Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 4.0+ technology.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, MIUI
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 6.21-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2248 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~402ppi
- DCI-P3 color gamut
- 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 128GB UFS internal storage, non-expandable
- 20-megapixel front camera
- 12-megapixel (wide, f/1.8) + 12-megapixel (telephoto, f/2.4) 4-axis OIS, LED flash
- Pressure sensitive in-display fingerprint scanner, Infrared face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, VoLTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band 4×4 MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, Galileo, QZSS, GLONASS, Beidou
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 154.9 x 74.8 x 7.6mm
- Weight: 177g
- 3,000mAh non-removable battery, Quick Charge 4.0+
Xiaomi is offering the Mi 8 Pro in Transparent Titanium for a price of only Php32,990. You can now pre-order it through Xiaomi’s official stores in Lazada and Shopee. It will then be available alongside the new Mi 8 Lite on November 11.