Along with the official launch of the Redmi Note 5, Xiaomi Philippines has also revealed the pricing for their new flagship — the Mi Mix 2S.
Announced last March, the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S is the latest high-end smartphone from the #4 smartphone vendor in the world. It packs everything that we’d expect from a flagship device — except for the notch. Actually, it’s not just any other top-of-the-line smartphone out there. As a matter of fact, it exceeds most offerings from other international brands by a huge margin. For one, it has 50% more RAM than the base model of the Galaxy S9.
While Xiaomi didn’t copy Apple on the front, the same can’t be said when it’s flipped on the back. The vertical dual-camera orientation and glass material is very iPhone X-like, which we don’t mind at all as it’s a technological marvel.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo, MIUI 9.5
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (nano format)
- 5.99-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2160 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~403ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4, 18:9 aspect ratio
- 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 64GB internal storage
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 12-megapixel (f/1.9, wide-angle) + 12-megapixel (f/2.4, telephoto) dual rear cameras, dual 4-axis OIS, PDAF, dual-LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 150.9 x 74.9 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 191g
- Colors: Black / White
- 3,400mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S (6GB + 64GB) will be available in the Philippines in the first week of June 2018 for a price of Php27,990. Unfortunately, the 8GB RAM variant of the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S won’t be making its way here in the Philippines. But for those who need more storage, the 6GB + 128GB storage version will also be available for a price of Php29,990.