There’s not a lot of cheap smartphones with a dual-camera system. But what’s worse is that there are very few good budget devices with dual cameras.
Now, Xiaomi has decided to put upgraded cameras to the budget segment. Enter the Xiaomi Redmi S2, the latest addition in the Redmi series which sport two cameras on the back.
The Xiaomi Redmi S2 is equipped with a 12-megapixel main camera plus a 5-megapixel secondary camera to help in shooting portrait mode shots. For selfies and facial recognition, there’s a 16-megapixel shooter in front. In case you don’t want the face unlock feature, the fingerprint scanner is placed on the rear panel.
Apart from dual cameras, the Xiaomi Redmi S2 also has a 6-inch display with 18:9 aspect ratio. The resolution is decent, set at 1440 x 720 pixels.
Xiaomi Redmi S2 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, MIUI 9
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (Nano format, Hybrid)
- 5.99-inch 18:9 HD+ display, 1440 x 720 pixel resolution
- 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- 12-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual rear cameras with LED flash
- 16-megapixel front camera
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi hotspot
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint scanner
- micro USB
- Bluetooth v5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3,080mAh Battery
The Xiaomi Redmi S2 price begins at only 999 Yuan (~Php8,200) for the base model. On the other hand, the 4GB + 64GB version costs 1,299 Yuan (~Php10,700). The company has not mentioned anything yet on international pricing and availability.