After teasing it for a long time, the Xiaomi Redmi 7 have been finally made official.
For starters, it only has an HD+ screen instead of a sharper FHD+ panel. On the upside, it sports the same size at 6.26-inches. Xiaomi also retained the small waterdrop notch on the top and a color gradient design on the back.
The Redmi 7 will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 octa-core processor, which is still a respectable chipset for a device at this price. You can get it with either 2GB/16GB, 3GB/32GB, or 4GB/64GB of RAM and storage configuration.
Xiaomi also included a large 4,000mAh battery. This is also the same capacity that its siblings have, but considering that it has a lower screen resolution, expect a better battery performance from this thing.
Another major compromise is found in the camera department. Instead of having the popular 48-megapixel sensor, the Xiaomi Redmi 7 settles for a 12-megapixel shooter, aided by a 2-megapixel depth-sensor. There’s also an 8-megapixel front-facing camera for selfies.
Xiaomi Redmi 7 Specs
- Android 9.0 Pie, MIUI 9
- Dual SIM
- 6.26-inch HD+ IPS display, 1520 x 720 pixel resolution, ~268ppi
- 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 octa-core processor
- 2GB/3GB/4GB RAM
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 16GB/32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 12-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual rear cameras, PDAF, f/2.2, LED flash
- AI scene detection, Portrait mode
- Fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- FM Radio
- Infrared blaster
- Dimensions: 158.73 x 75.58 x 8.47mm
- Weight: 180g
- Colors: Red, Blue, Black
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 5V/2A charger
The XIaomi Redmi 7 will start at a price of CNY699 (~Php5,500) for the 2GB/16GB model, CNY799 (~Php6,300) for the 3GB/32GB, and CNY999 (~Php7,800) for the 4GB/64GB variant. Its official pricing and availability outside China, especially here in the Philippines, are yet to be announced.