At long last, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro is finally official. And it comes with a slew of specs improvements over its predecessor.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro is a long-awaited follow-up to the Redmi Note 7 — both of which are the initial device’s under Xiaomi’s new sub-brand.
While it does have some improvements over the non-Pro version, this one retains the same glossy back design that the former has. It also uses the identical 6.3-inch FHD+ screen, a waterdrop notch, and a 4,000mAh battery.
One of the main upgrades here is in the hardware department. It now comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 processor and is aided with either 4GB/64GB or a whopping 6GB/128GB of RAM and storage configurations.
The latest chipset also allowed the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro to have Quick Charge 4 fast charging technology with a 10W charger included in the package.
The camera has been upgraded, too. It now comes with a 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 main camera, a bump from the Samsung GM1 sensor the Redmi Note 7 has.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro Specs
- Dual SIM
- 6.3-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~409ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- Adreno 612 GPU
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 13-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (Sony IMX586) + 5-megapixel dual rear cameras, PDAF, f/1.79, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- Infrared blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 159.21 x 75.21 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 186g
- Colors: Space Black, Nebula Red, Neptune Blue
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, Quick Charge 4, 10W charger
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro will be available in India starting March 13. The 4GB/64GB will retail for INR13,999 (~Php10,200) and INR16,999 (~Php12,400) for the 6GB/128GB.
It’s official pricing and availability in the Philippines are yet to be announced, so stay tuned for that.