ZTE has revealed its latest flagship smartphone, the Axon 50 Ultra.
The new ZTE Axon 50 Ultra has a couple of interesting features, including the two-way satellite messaging that we first see on the new iPhone models. This tech was made possible using the BeiDou (BDS) infrastructure that will allow users to send SMS messages if they are in the middle of nowhere without a cellular signal.
Being a flagship, it is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor, paired with an LPDDR5X RAM and UFS 3.1 storage. Not the latest, but still pretty powerful. It also has ZTE’s own security chip for hardware-level data encryption.
It then has a standard 5,000mAh battery with fast 80W charging. It also has a pair of speakers in a stereo setup.
On the front, we have a fancy 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a smooth 144Hz refresh. It is curved on the sides for a premium look and feel with a punch-hole for the 16-megapixel selfie camera and a fingerprint scanner underneath.
There’s a sharp 65-megapixel sensor at the back with OIS, PDAF, and Laser AF. A pixel-packed 50-megapixel ultra-wide lens and 50-megapixel telephoto glass with OIS join it.
The official price, availability, and RAM/storage of the new ZTE Axon 50 Ultra are yet to be known, so be on the lookout for that.
ZTE Axon 50 Ultra Specs
- Android 13, MyOS
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.67-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 395ppi
- 144Hz refresh rate, HDR10+
- 3.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 octa-core processor
- RAM: TBA
- Adreno 730 GPU
- Storage: TBA
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (PDAF, Laser AF, OIS) + 50-megapixel (ultra-wide, PDAF) + 50-megapixel (telephoto, OIS, PDAF) rear cameras, LED flash
- Under-display fingerprint scanner
- Stereo speakers, No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6e, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- dual-band GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Two-way satellite messaging
- USB Type-C
- Colors: Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 80W fast charging