ZTE makes some of the most underappreciated smartphones in the industry. And if this new ZTE Axon 9 Pro wouldn’t reach more markets, it might just gonna be one of them.
The ZTE Axon 9 Pro comes with a couple of top-level specs, and a few extras that you can’t find on some other flagships in the market today.
It headlines a large 6.21-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen, with HDR10 support and a dedicated RGB sensor for better white balance tuning. The large screen notch on top houses its 12-megapixel Sony camera with a wide f/1.75 aperture.
On the back, there’s a 12-megapixel + 20-megapixel dual-camera setup. The first sensor has an optical image stabilizer, while the latter sports a 130-degree wide-angle lens. You can also spot the fingerprint scanner here in the back.
Powering the device is the reliable Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, with 6GB of RAM and a fast 128GB UFS 2.1 storage. The ZTE Axon 9 Pro also has a generous 4,000mAh battery to keep it juiced up, which you can easily fill up thanks to Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 4.0 technology.
Despite its powerful hardware, the Axon 9 Pro is part of the Android One platform. Which means that it will come with a clean Android interface, and is first in line when updates become available.
ZTE Axon 9 Pro Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, Android One
- Dual nano SIM, Dual standby
- 6.21-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2248 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~402ppi
- HDR10, White balance sensor
- 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 20-megapixel front camera
- 12-megapixel (f/1.8, OIS) + 20-megapixel (130-degree wide-angle) dual rear cameras, PDAF, dual-LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- IP68 water and dust resistant
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 74.5 x 7.9mm
- Colors: Blue, Black
- 4,000mAh Li-Ion non-removable battery, Quick Charge 4.0
The ZTE Axon 9 Pro has a price of EUR650 (~Php40,600). Its official availability dates are yet to be announced.