Filipino students can now utilize Minecraft: Education Edition while distant learning from home.
Thanks to the partnership between the Department of Education (DepEd) and Microsoft Philippines, students can use Minecraft: Education Edition for learning while having fun at the same time.
Minecraft is a popular sandbox game that unleashes the player’s creativity by building and creating things. Now that there’s a special edition made specifically for learning, educators can utilize this game to create a more fun and intuitive classroom experience for its students who are learning from home.
- How to get free Microsoft Office in the Philippines
- Cheap laptops for online learning in the Philippines
- Cheap tablets for online learning in the Philippines
- Advantages and disadvantages of online classes
But how can students actually use Minecraft: EE for learning? Here’s a guide to help you get started.
DepEd Minecraft: Education Edition download links
- Android: Click here or search for Minecraft: Education Edition on the Google Play Store.
- iOS: Click here or search for Minecraft: Education Edition on the App Store.
- iPad: Click here or search for Minecraft: Education Edition on the App Store.
- Windows: Link
- Chromebook: Link
- Mac: Link
How to sign in to your DepEd Minecraft: Education Edition
Once you’ve downloaded the game on your smartphone or computer (see links above), you can use the game for free and access the DepEd lessons using your DepEd Microsoft 365 account.
After everything is set up, you can use tons of activities that were created for Minecraft:EE with lessons coming from DepEd themselves. The game covers tons of topics from math, science, history, equity and inclusion, biology, chemistry, computer science, and a whole lot more.