After two years, Apple has finally introduced a follow-up to its cheapest iPhone line with the new iPhone SE 2022 5G.
As the name suggests, the new iPhone SE 2022 now comes with 5G connectivity. That’s all thanks to the A15 Bionic chip that’s first seen on the latest iPhone 13 series. Other than 5G, this means that you’re also getting the same power that the more expensive and current iPhone models have.
It also inherits the iPhone 13s’ tougher glass in front and back. But still, it has the same iPhone 8-like design that the 2020 model has.
Sadly, also like the newer iPhones, it now comes with a smaller “eco-friendly” box as it no longer ships with a free charging adapter and free EarPods.
See also: iPhone price list in the Philippines
Like its predecessor, it has a compact 4.7-inch screen with thick bezels. This means that it has a Touch ID fingerprint scanner instead of Face Unlock, which is more convenient in this mask-wearing era we’re in.
It goes without saying that the camera is quite the same, too. There’s the 12-megapixel shooter, no ultra-wide or telephoto. But thanks to the new chip, it gains a couple of software features like Smart HDR 4, Deep Fusion, Portrait Mode, and more.
The iPhone SE 2022 5G has a starting price of Php28,990 for the 64GB model, Php31,990 for the 128GB, and Php37,990 for the 256GB. It should be available in the Philippines real soon, so be on the lookout for that.
iPhone SE 2022 5G Specs
- iOS 15
- 4.7-inch LCD IPS display, 1334 x 750 pixel resolution, 325ppi
- True Tone display, P3, 625-nits
- A15 Bionic Chip
- 64GB/128GB/256GB internal storage
- 7-megapixel front camera
- 12-megapixel rear camera, f/1.8, OIS, LED flash
- Portrait Mode, Portrait Lighting
- IP67 water and dust resistance
- Stereo speakers, Dolby Digital Plus
- Touch ID
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- Lightning port
- Dimensions: 138.4 x 67.3 x 7.3mm
- Weight: 144g
- Colors: Starlight, Midnight, Product Red
- 15-hour video playback, wireless charging support