Apple refreshes the iPad Air with a 2022 model.
Much like the new iPhone SE, the iPad Air 2022 5G has very minimal yet substantial upgrades. The main thing that’s new here is the new Apple M1 processor, the same chip found on the iPad Pro and some MacBooks.
Apple has also upgraded the front camera, which now sharper with its 12-megapixel resolution and comes with an ultra-wide lens. The wider field-of-view compliments the Center Stage feature, which ensures you’re in the frame when you move by automatically panning the shot.
The 2022 model is also the first from the series to have 5G connectivity. The USB Type-c port was also upgraded with up to 2x faster speeds. It also lets you connect with different accessories like external drives, cameras, and even displays with up to 6K resolution.
You can get the new iPad Air 2022 in the Philippines soon. You can check their local prices below:
- 64GB/WiFi: Php35,990
- 64GB/Cellular: Php44,990
- 256GB/WiFi: Php44,990
- 256GB/Cellular: Php53,990
The new iPad Air also works with the 5th-Gen Magic Keyboard that’s sold separately for Php16,990, as well as the 2nd-gen Apple Pencil that’s worth Php7,990.
iPad Air 2022 5G Specs
- iPadOS 15
- eSIM (Cellular)
- 10.9-inch LED IPS display, 2360 x 1640 pixel resolution, 264ppi
- True Tone display, P3 color, 500-nits brightness
- Apple M1 Chip, 8-core CPU, 8-Core GPU
- 8GB RAM
- Apple Neural Engine
- 64GB/256GB internal storage
- 12-megapixel ultra-wide front camera
- 12-megapixel rear camera, f/1.8
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- Magic Keyboard, 2nd-Gen Apple Pencil support
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G (Cellular model)
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GNSS
- USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 2 for charging, DisplayPort
- Dimensions: 247.6 x 178.5 x 6.1mm
- Weight: 462g
- Colors: Starlight, Pink, Blue, Purple, Space Gray
- 28.6WHr battery, up to 10 hours web browsing