Microsoft just unveiled a couple of new hardware. Two of them are mobile ones: the Surface Laptop 5 and Surface Pro 9.
First, let’s take a look at the Microsoft Surface Laptop 5. It has a 13.5-inch model that can be had with either a 12th-Gen Intel Core i5-1235U or Core i7-1255U CPU. Meanwhile, the larger 15-inch model only has a single Core i7-1255U CPU option. All variants will be available in 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB RAM options and storage of up to 1TB.
Both sizes will come with a clean, almost Macbook-like design with a 3:2 aspect ratio screen. The smaller version can last for up to 18 hours while the bigger one can go up to 17 hours.
They also come with powerful USB Type-C Thunderbolt 4 ports, one USB Type-A, headphone jack, and of course, Microsoft’s Surface Connect port.
The Surface Pro Laptop 5 has a starting price of USD999 (around Php58,900) for the 13.5-inch variant while the 15-inch begins at USD1,299 (around Php76,500).
Microsoft Surface Laptop 5 Specs
- Windows 11 Home
- 13.5-inch PixelSense display, 2256 x 1504 pixel resolution, 201ppi
- 15-inch PixelSense display, 2496 x 1664 pixel resolution, 201ppi
- 3:2 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, Dolby Vision IQ, sRGB, Vivid
- 12th-Gen Intel Core i5-1235U CPU (13.5″ model)
- 12th-Gen Intel Core i5-1255U CPU (13.5″, 15″ models)
- Intel Evo
- Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- 8GB/16GB/32GB RAM
- 256GB/512GB/1TB SSD storage
- TPM 2.0 security processor
- Windows Hello Face Authentication
- 720p HD camera
- Omnisonic Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dual far-field studio microphones
- 1x USB-C Thunderbolt 4, 1x USB-1 3.1
- Headphone jack
- 1x Surface Connect Port
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- Battery life: up to 18 hours (13.5″), up to 17 hours (15″)
Let’s go to the more interesting one, the Microsoft Surface Pro 9. Unlike the Surface Laptop, this one has quite some significant upgrades. It comes in ARM and Intel-based models, new colors with matching Type Cover Keyboards, and more.
The ARM variant is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon SQ3 CPU, which has the advantage of having GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, nano and e-SIM support, sub-6GHz 5G, and LTE. It also has a dedicated Neural Processing Unit (NPU). You can also pair it with 8GB/16GB of RAM and up to 512GB of storage.
Meanwhile, the Intel versions can be had with either a 12th-Gen Intel Core i5-1235U or Core i7-1255U CPU with the 8GB/16GB/32GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
For the battery, the Intel variants can last for up to 15.5 hours while the Qualcomm models can go up to 19 hours.
You can get the Surface Pro 9 for USD999 (around Php58,900). That’s for the Intel i5/8GB/128GB variant, USD1,599 (around Php94,200) for the Intel Core i7 option, while the 5G Qualcomm variant begins at USD1,299 (around Php76,500).
Microsoft Surface Pro 9 Specs
- Windows 11 Pro
- 13-inch PixelSense Glow display, 2880 x 1920 pixel resolution, 267ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, 3:2 aspect ratio
- Dolby Vision IQ support
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 12th-Gen Intel Core i5-1245U/ i7-1265U CPU, Intel Iris Xe
- Intel Evo
- Qualcomm SQ 3 processor, NPU, Adreno 8CX Gen 3 GPU
- 8GB/16GB/32GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB storage
- Windows Hello
- 1080p webcam
- 2x speakers
- 4G LTE, 5G (Qualcomm)
- WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS (Qualcomm)
- 2x USB-C Thunderbolt 4 (Intel)
- 1x Surface Connect port
- 1x Surface Keyboard port
- 2x USB-C 3.2 (Qualcomm)
- 1x nano SIM (Qualcomm)
- Battery life: up to 15.5 hours (Intel), up to 19 hours (Qualcomm)