The cheaper variant to the already affordable Xiaomi Redmi 5 has finally reached the Philippine shores.
For the first time ever, the Xiaomi Redmi 5 2GB/16GB version is now officially available in the Philippines. It will join the first Redmi 5 variant that was available in the country, which has 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage.
But other than the upgraded memory and storage, it still rocks the same Snapdragon 450 processor and 5.7-inch 720p+ 18:9 aspect ratio screen.
At the front, there’s a 5-megapixel selfie camera while at the back is a 12-megapixel sensor for casual snaps. Xiaomi also equipped it with 3,300mAh battery. However, it only runs on a slightly outdated Android 7.1.2 Nougat with MIUI 9.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Specs
- Android 7.1.2 Nougat, MIUI 9
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 5.7-inch HD+ IPS 18:9 aspect ratio display, 1440 x 720 pixel pixel resolution, ~282ppi
- 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 octa-core processor
- 2GB RAM
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 16GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 12-megapixel rear camera, PDAF, f/2.2, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- FM Radio
- microUSB 2.0
- Dimensions: 151.8 x 72.8 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 157g
- Colors: Black, Gold, Light Blue, Rose Gold
- 3300mAh non-removable battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 2GB/16GB is currently available via Xiaomi’s official store in Shopee for Php6,490.