Samsung has updated almost all of their mobile line-up. There’s the new Galaxy Note 9 for the smartphone division, the Tab S4 for the tablets, and now, the Samsung Galaxy Watch for wearables industry.
The new Samsung Galaxy Watch doesn’t bring anything new in the table. However, the company did try to improve every feature that we are already seeing in most smartwatches.
Probably the most notable refinement is in the battery department, which is actually one of the biggest problems of most wearables especially smartwatches.
According to Samsung, the Galaxy Watch can last by up to 168 hours. Although that can drastically change according to different factors like the apps used, or if you enable its Always-On display.
Speaking of which, the watch features a circular AMOLED display, topped with Corning Gorilla Glass DX+ for protection. The 46mm variant has a 1.3-inch screen with a 472mAh battery, while the 42mm has a smaller 1.2-inch display and 270mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy Watch runs on a Tizen-based Wearable OS 4.0 and is powered by a 1.5GHz Exynos 9110 dual-core processor. It also has built-in GPS and will be available in a 4G LTE variant.
Of course, it has a slew of workout and activity tracking features. It can monitor your exercises, sleep quality, calorie intake, and more thanks to its intelligent software and built-in heart-rate sensor.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch also has a Smart Daily Assistant feature. The device can detect when you’ve waken up and displays the weather, events, or your agenda for the day. It also does the same before you go to bed. It shows your sleep patterns, unfinished reminders, and the weather for the next day.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Specs
- Tizen Wearable OS 4.0
- 1.3-inch (46mm) / 1.2-inch (42mm) Super AMOLED display, 360 x 360 pixel resolution
- Corning Gorilla GLass DX+
- 1.5GB RAM (46mm), 768MB RAM (42mm)
- 4GB internal storage
- 1.15GHz Exynos 9110 dual-core processor
- Samsung Pay
- 5 ATM, MIL-STD-810G, IP68 water and dust resistance
- HSPA+, 4G LTE (optional)
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- A-GPS, GLONASS
- Straps: 22mm (46mm)/ 20mm (42mm)
- Dimensions: 46 x 49 x 13mm (46mm), 41.9 x 45.7 x 12.7mm (42mm)
- Weight: 63g (46mm), 49g (42mm)
- Colors: Midnight Black, Rose Gold, Silver
- Compatibility: Android 5.0 and later, iPhone 5 and later
- Battery: 472mAh(46mm), 270mAh (42mm)
- Wireless charging
The Samsung Galaxy Watch has a price of Php16,990 for the 42mm model, while the 46mm variant costs Php18,990. It is expected to go on sale in September.