Alcatel is making a comeback in the Philippines by launching their latest affordable smartphone. The new Alcatel 5V is rigged with a couple of interesting features that seems to provide great value for the price.
Announced way back in July, the Alcatel 5V brags a 6.2-inch IPS screen with an acceptable resolution of 1500 x 720 pixel resolution and is protected by Dragontrail glass.
Its chipset is not too shabby, either. It comes with a MediaTek Helio P22 octa-core processor, with 3GB of RAM, 32GB of expandable storage, and an IMG PowerVR GE8320.
The biggest feature here is its large 4,000mAh battery. Which is more than enough to provide power for a day or two, considering that it will be powering a relatively undemanding hardware.
Alcatel also included a pretty decent set of cameras. We have the 8-megapixel front shooter for selfies, and a dual 12-megapixel + 2-megapixel primary cameras if you want to venture on mobile photography.
All of those features come for a price of only Php9,990. The Alcatel 5V is now available in the Philippines through MemoXpress.
Alcatel 5V Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- Single SIM
- 6.2-inch HD+ IPS display, 1500 x 720 pixel resolution, ~268ppi
- 19:9 aspect ratio, Dragontrail glass
- 1.5GHz MediaTek Helio P22 octa-core processor
- 3GB RAM
- IMG PowerVR GE8320
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.8
- 12-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual rear cameras, f/2.2, dual-tone flash
- AI Scene Detection, Burst shot, EIS, HDR, Portrait Mode
- Fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS, A-GPS
- microUSB 2.0
- Dimensions: 153.7 x 74.55 x 8.5mm
- 4,000mAh battery