Way back in Computex 2017 in June, ASUS quietly announced the ZenPad 3S 8.0. The company didn’t spill that much details about the device until it got available in the United States with a new name. Meet the ASUS ZenPad Z8s.
The ASUS ZenPad Z8s brags a sharp 2K display that’s appropriate enough to populate its 7.9-inch panel with pixels. It also packs a Snapdragon 625 octa-core chipset, Qualcomm’s mid-range processor that can hopefully handle the display well.
There’s also a 13-megapixel PixelMaster camera on the back if for some reason you want to take professional pictures on this huge tablet. Meanwhile, we have a 5-megapixel sensor for selfies and video calls in front.
We also have a decent-sized 4680mAh Li-Po battery, and USB Type-C port.
ASUS ZenPad Z8s Specs
- Android 7.1 Nougat, ZenUI
- 7.9-inch IPS Quad HD display, 2048 x 1536 resolution, ~324ppi
- 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 octa-core processor
- 3GB RAM
- Adreno 510 GPU
- 16GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel rear camera, f/2.0
- 4G LTE-A
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Thickness: 203.2 x 133.85 x 6.9mm
- Weight: 319.78g
- 4680mAh non-removable battery
The ZenPad Z8s is now available in the US via Verizon for USD149.99 (around Php7,552) on a two-year contract. Pricing and availability in the Philippines is yet to be known.