Cherry Mobile unveiled a new budget smartphone with fingerprint reader and Android 6.0 Marshmallow – Cherry Mobile Flare S5.
Cherry Mobile Flare S5 is being powered by an octa-core MediaTek processor, 3GB of RAM, and Mali-T720 GPU – just like the Flare 5. The main differences are the new USB-Type C standard, IPS screen, fingerprint sensor and design. It also has 100mAh less battery. Other than that, both devices have pretty identical specs to each other.
Cherry Mobile Flare S5 Specs
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Dual-SIM, Dual Standby (micro)
- 5-inch IPS Display, 1280 x 720 pixel resolution, ~294ppi
- 1.3GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6753 processor
- Mali-T720 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- expandable via microSD card up to 64GB
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- Bluetooth v4.0
- USB-Type C
- 16-megapixel camera with BSI, PDAF and flash
- 8-megapixel front camera
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- GPS, A-GPS
- G-sensor, Proximity sensor, Light sensor
- Fingerprint scanner
- 2400mAh removable battery
The Cherry Mobile S5 price is Php5,699 and it will be available nationwide.