Cloudfone reveals the follow-up to one of their most popular budget smartphones last year.
The Cloudfone Thrill Plus 2 builds up on what its predecessor left off. For an affordable asking price, it offers a lot of specs and features that can meet everyday needs of casual users.
It features a decent 5.5-inch 720p screen with an acceptable pixel density of 267. Unsurprisingly, the chipset is made of MediaTek, but it’s good to see it in quad-core together with an ample 2GB of RAM.
Cloudfone isn’t being left out when it comes to the camera department, as the Thrill Plus 2 sports formidable a 13-megapixel Sony camera at the back and 8-megapixel sensor in front. Both have LED flash which helps in improving photos taken when there’s not much light available.
Cloudfone Thrill Plus 2 Specs
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (micro)
- 5.5-inch HD IPS Display, 1280 x 720 pixel resolution, ~267ppi
- 1.3GHz MT6580 quad-core processor
- Mali-400 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 64GB via microSD
- 3G, HSPA+
- WiFi, WiFi hotspot
- 13-megapixel Sony IMX135 with autofocus, f/2.0 aperture, and LED flash
- 8-megapixel OV8856 front camera, f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- USB OTG
- Bluetooth v4.0
- GPS, A-GPS
- Colors: Silver, Gold, Grey
- 2,800mAh battery
It would’ve been great if it was running on Android Oreo out of the box, but I guess that’s too much to ask for in the budget segment. Other highlight includes dual front-firing speakers.
The Cloudfone Thrill Plus 2 will be available nationwide for a price of Php4,599. You can check it out on Cloudfone kiosks and retailers once it gets released to test it out yourself.