Doogee is known for over-the-top-looking, big-battery, rugged smartphones and the new S89 Pro is nothing different.
Right off the bat, the Doogee S89 Pro is catching some attention with its aggressive and rugged design. It has a accents for the breathing light reminiscent of the popular superhero Batman, with aggressive cuts and thick material that makes it tough. This has been IP68, IP69K, and MIL-STD-810H certified for being durable.
Meant to handle the tough outdoors and activities, the device is rigged with an enormous 12,000mAh battery, which could make its 65W fast adapter like a charger with regular speed.
The device is also rigged with a special IMX350 sensor from Sony. It has a 20-megapixel resolution and night vision capabilities.
Other than those highlights, the S89 Pro looks like a pretty generic midrange phone. It is still powered by an aging MediaTek Helio P90 processor and has 8GB of RAM, but a surprisingly generous 256GB of storage.
It ships with the latest Android 12 operating system and has a relatively small 6.3-inch display to compensate for how thick it is due to the large battery.
The Doogee S89 Pro will have an introductory price of USD339.99 (around Php18,300) and is now up for pre-order via the brand’s official global website.
Doogee S89 Pro Specs
- Android 12
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.3-inch FHD+ LCD display
- 2.1GHz MediaTek Helio P90 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- IMG PowerVR GM 9446
- 256GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel + 20-megapixel (IMX350, night vision) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Tricolour breathing lights
- IP68, IP69K, MIL-STD-810H ratings for durability
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- USB Type-C
- Colors: Black, Yellow
- 12,000mAh non-removable battery, 65W fast charging