A few months after the initial model was announced, Honor is introducing a more refined version of one of their current high-end smartphones. Here we have the Honor Magic 2 3D.
With the new Honor Magic 2 3D, the company has addressed some of the issues that the original Magic 2 has.
The alpha model came with a 16-megapixel selfie camera with two 2-megapixel depth-sensor. However, one of the two extra sensors were said to be useless, which is why Honor is replacing it with a 3D sensor, hence the name. This allows for better face unlock and face mapping for the built-in filters.
Honor is using new graphene heat pipes that should improve the processor’s thermals underload, which will help its Kirin 980 processor to deliver even better performance. The chipset consists of 8GB of RAM and 512GB of internal storage.
But other than that, everything is pretty much the same. It still has a 6.39-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen with an in-display fingerprint scanner, 3,500mAh battery with 40W Magic Charge support, and a triple camera setup on the back.
It also uses the same 16-megapixel front-facing camera, which was cleverly hidden thanks to its pop-up mechanism.
Honor Magic 2 3D Specs
- Android 9.0 Pie, EMUI 9.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.39-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~403ppi
- 108% DCI-P3 coverage, 91.5% screen-to-body ratio
- 2.6GHz Kirin 980 octa-core processor, Dual NPU
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Mali-G72 GPU
- 128GB/256GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel (f/2.0) + 2-megapixel + 3D sensor triple front cameras
- 16-megapixel (RGB, f/1.8) + 24-megapixel (Monochrome, f/1.8) + 16-megapixel (wide-angle, f/2.2) triple rear cameras, LED flash
- AI Scene detection, 480fps slow-mo, Portrait lighting
- In-display fingerprint scanner, 3D Face unlock
- Splash and dust proof
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Dual-frequency GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 157.32 x 75.13 x 8.3mm
- Weight: 206g
- Colors: Blue, Black, Purple
- 3,500mAh Li-Po battery, 40W Magic Charge support
Just like the previous model, it looks like the Honor Magic 2 3D will remain as an exclusive offering in China, where the device is now available for CNY5,799 (~Php45,100).