Honor has introduced its best smartphone to date, the aptly named Magic 4 Ultimate.
The Honor Magic 4 Ultimate is essentially the same as the Magic 4 Pro that came out weeks ago. It’s still powered by the trusty Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor, has a highly-rated LTPO OLED screen, 4,600mAh battery, 100W wired adapter, although the wireless charging was dropped to 50W from 100W.
It uses a larger 50-megapixel 1/1.12-inch sensor, a better and sharper 8P lens, and a brighter f/1.6 aperture.
The ultra-wide camera also gets an upgrade, which now has a 1/2-inch 64-megapixel sensor, 7P lens, and a wider 126-degree field-of-view (from 122-degrees). The Ultimate edition also boasts a new 50-megapixel spectrum sensor.
To go with the new cameras, Honor included a custom image processor that was made specifically for the device. It boasts up to 28.8 TOPS of performance while staying battery-friendly at 13.4 TOPS per watt.
This ISP enables features like 20-bits per channel, 4K night mode live preview, and a new video format called Magic-Log2 that can apparently increase the dynamic range by 15%.
The chip is also powerful enough to shoot 4K at 60fps videos under 10-bit Log and has support for 3D LUTS. The cameras are so good DxOMark considers it as the best camera smartphone in the market today.
Still here are the 64-megapixel telephoto lens, TOF, and flicker sensors, which were untouched from the Magic 4 Pro.
The Honor Magic 4 Ultimate retails for CNY7,999 (around Php65,800) and will be available in China sometime in the second half of the year.
Honor Magic 4 Ultimate Specs
- Android 12, Magic UI 6.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.81-inch QHD+ LTPO OLED display, 2848 x 1312 pixel resolution, 460ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, 1000-nits peak brightness
- 1920Hz PWM
- 4x display curve
- 3.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 octa-core processor
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 740 GPU, GPU Turbo X
- 256GB/512GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 12-megapixel (f/2.4, ultra-wide) + ToF 3D sensor front cameras
- 50-megapixel (1/1.12-inch, PDAF, f/1.6, 8P lens) + 64-megapixel (1/2-inch, ultra-wide, f/2.2, 126-degree, 7P lens) +50-megapixel (color spectrum) + 64-megapixel (periscope, PDAF, OIS, 3.5x optical) + ToF depth sensor + Flicker sensor rear cameras, LED flash
- Custom Image Sensor
- IMAX Enhanced
- IP68 water and dust resistant
- Under display fingerprint scanner, 3D face unlock
- Dual TEE Security OS, Independent Security Chip
- Stereo speakers
- No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GALILEO, BDS
- IR Blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.6 x 74.7 x 9.1mm
- Weight: 209g
- Colors: Black, White
- 4,600mAh non-removable battery, 50W wired and wireless charging, 5W reverse wireless charging