HONOR has a new midrange smartphone with premium looks thanks to the release of the new HONOR X8a.
The new HONOR X8a has a couple of impressive tricks up its sleeves. For starters, it boasts a 100-megapixel main camera, similar to what we saw on the also-new Reno 8 T 4G, and we expect to see more of this pixel-dense sensor in this category.
Like the HONOR X6, we have a square camera glass on the back with four lenses — a signature look on budget HONOR phones. The first glass holds the said 100-megapixel sensor, the second has a 5-megapixel ultra-wide, joined by a 2-megapixel macro, and an LED flash
A 16-megapixel selfie camera is on the front, which sits on a punch-hole on top of the large 6.7-inch FHD+ LCD screen with a 90Hz refresh rate.
Under the hood, it is powered by a MediaTek Helio G88 octa-core processor, with 128GB of storage and an option between 6GB and 8GB of RAM. Sadly, it didn’t get to have a microSD card slot for expansion.
As for the battery, we have a 4,500mAh capacity, which is 500mAh lower compared to everyone else. It’s charged by a 22.5W adapter.
The HONOR X8a was spotted in the UK with a starting price of EUR219 (~Php12,900). It may or may not arrive in the Philippines soon, so for now, all we can do is wait and see.
HONOR X8a Specs
- Android 12, Magic UI 6.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.7-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2388 x 1080 pixel resolution, 391ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio G88 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Mali-G52 MC2 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 100-megapixel (AF) + 5-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WIFI 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC (select models)
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162.9 x 74.5 x 7.5mm
- Weight: 179g
- Colors: Midnight Black, Titanium Silver, Cyan Lake
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, 22.5W fast charging