Together with the HTC U11+, the Taiwanese company also announced the new HTC U11 Life — a midrange version of HTC’s current flagship.
It looks like Google are luring more and more companies to board their Android One project. The HTC U11 Life will come with Sense, their homemade interface when the device ships in the United States. However, the rest of the world will be getting the U11 Life with Android One and the new 8.0 Oreo coming straight from the box.
And since the handset is stepping on the midrange ground, it packs some features you’d expect from a budget-conservative smartphone. It’s 5.2-inch Super LCD screen is of 1080p resolution and the chipset inside is a Snapdragon 640, partnered with either 3GB/32GB or 4GB/64GB of RAM and storage.
However, some of the items on the specs list suggest that this is a high-end device trapped in a midrange smartphone body. For one, it sports the same Edge Sense squeeze function found on the original U11 and the HTC-made Google Pixel 2.
The device is also IP67 weather resistant, has high-resolution audio, a PDAF 16-megapixel rear camera, NFC, and USB Type-C connectivity.
HTC U11 Life Specs
- Android 7.1, HTC Sense / Android One (8.0 Oreo)
- Single SIM, nano
- 5.2-inch FHD Super LCD display, 1920 x 1080 resolution, ~423
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 octa-core processor
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 2TB
- 16-megapixel BSI front camera, f/2.0
- 16-megapixel BSI rear camera, PDAF, f/2.0, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- Edge Sense
- HTC USonic, Active Noise Cancellation
- Hi-Res audio certified
- IP67 water resistant
- 4G LTE Cat. 9
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 149.09 x 72.9 x 8.mm
- 2600mAh battery
The HTC U11 Life Sense version is now available in the US for USD349 (around Php18,000), exclusively in T-Mobile. The pricing and availability for the Android One version shall be revealed soon. Hopefully, we get the chance to see it here in the Philippines.