In case you haven’t noticed, HTC is still in the smartphone business. Their latest release is the HTC Wildfire R70, an entry-level device for emerging markets.
No official price was revealed. But judging by its specs and features, the HTC Wildfire R70 might retail for under Php10,000.
You can tell that a device is not interesting when the brand can only highlight its mediocre cameras. This thing has a 16-megapixel primary shooter, with a 2-megapixel macro lens and a 2-megapixel depth sensor.
Under the hood, it’s powered by a MediaTek Helio P23 octa-core processor, with only 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage.
There’s a large 6.53-inch HD+ display on the front, with a waterdrop notch on the top for the 8-megapixel selfie camera.
While on the back, we have the said triple camera setup on the top left, a fingerprint scanner on the middle, and the HTC logo below it. They are all placed in a shiny, glass-like material, that we suspect is only plastic. It’s available in Aurora Blue gradient and plain Night Black color options.
It’s expected to arrive in India and Thailand in the coming weeks/months, although pricing is yet to be announced.
HTC Wildfire R70 Specs
- Android 9 Pie, HTC Sense
- Dual SIM
- 6.53-inch HD+ IPS display, 1560 x 720 pixel resolution, ~263ppi
- MediaTek Helio P23 octa-core processor
- 2GB RAM
- Mali-G71 MP2 GPU
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 16-megapixel (f/1.7) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Headphone jack
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4GHz
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, Galileo, GLONASS
- Dimensions: 163.2 x 77.8 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 186g
- Colors: Aurora Blue, Night Black
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 10W charger