The Honor brand has a new tablet and smartwatch – Honor Pad 2 and Honor Watch S1.
Aside from the Honor 6X, a budget tablet and smartwatch were also unveiled at an event in China.
The Honor Pad 2 pad is a very capable device despite its affordable price tag. It comes with an 8-inch Full HD screen and octa-core Snapdragon 616 chipset, together with 3GB of RAM and Adreno 405 GPU. Interestingly, it doesn’t have Huawei’s Kirin processor, but that’s probably to keep the costs down.
Honor Pad 2 price starts at 999 yuan (~Php7,200) for the WiFi and 3GB RAM version, while 32GB variant costs 1299 yuan (~Php9,300). The 4G premium model is priced at 1499 yuan (~Php10,700).
Huawei Honor Pad 2 Specs
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.0
- 8-inch Full HD Display, 1920 × 1200 pixel resolution, 16:10
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 MSM8939 (four 1.5GHz + four ×1.2GHz) processor
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB /32GB internal memory
- expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi ac (2.4GHz +5GHz)
- 8-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- 2-megapixel front camera
- GPS, GLONASS
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Dimensions: 209.3 x 12.3 x8.1 mm
- Weight: 340 g
- Colors: White, Gold
- 4800mAh battery
On the other hand, the Honor Watch S1 is a stylish smartwatch that costs just above $100. But it’s not an Android watch. Instead, it focuses more on the important things; fitness, heart rate monitor, notifications for calls and texts, and reminders. There’s no need to charge it every night as the company promises a battery life of up to 6 days. The 18mm straps are interchangeable as well.
Honor Watch S1 Specs
- Compatible with Android 4.4 and up, iOS 8.0 devices
- 1.04-inch black and white touchscreen display, 208 × 208 pixel resolution
- Dustproof and Waterproof IP68, 5ATM waterproof
- Bluetooth v4.2
- 6-axis (accelerometer + gyro) sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Heart rate sensor (PPG)
- Dimensions: 246.5 x 39.5 x 9.9~11.2mm
- Weight: 35 g
- Colors: Blue, Orange, Black
- 80mAh battery
The Honor Watch S1 will be sold for 699 yuan (~Php5,000). Both devices are now available for pre-order and it will go on sale beginning October 25.
As usual, international availability is unknown as of the moment. It’s hard to tell whether these devices will ever be released outside of China, but we’ll definitely report once we get information.