HUAWEI’s Mate series grows as it now has a Pro Plus version. Announced after the Mate 60 and 60 Pro, we now have a souped-up version, the HUAWEI Mate 60 Pro Plus.
Like its siblings, the company still didn’t say what processor is powering the HUAWEI Maet 60 Pro Plus. But, rumor has it that it will be the 7nm Kirin 9000s made in China, which could finally regain 5G connectivity to HUAWEI mobile devices. Although, they did say that it can be paired with up to 16GB of RAM and 1TB of storage.
On the front, there’s a 6.82-inch LTPO OLED screen just like the non-Plus model. However, this one is sharper with a 2720 x 1260 pixel resolution. It also has a 1Hz-120Hz refresh rate, 300Hz touch sampling, 1,440Hz PWM dimming to keep your eyes safe from too much brightness, and can show 10-bit colors.
The screen is protected by the 2nd-gen Kunlun Glass. Plus, for real protection, it has an IP68 rating for dust and water resistance of up to 20 feet.
Like the Pro, it has three punch holes on the top of the screen. There’s one for the 13-megapixel selfie camera, joined by two 3D ToF systems for face mapping that are used primarily for face unlock.
Being HUAWEI, it has an interesting set of cameras on the back. The familiar ring glass holds the 48-megapixel main sensor with optical image stabilization (OIS) and a variable aperture of f/1.4-f/4.0. It is paired with another 48-megapixel sensor with a periscope-style lens. Finally, we have a 40-megapixel shooter for ultra-wide shots.
The battery has the usual 5,000mAh capacity, paired with an 88W wired charging solution and 50W wireless charging. It also has fast 20W reverse wireless charging if you want to fill up an accessory or a friend’s phone.
Connectivity options include WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, and it blaster. HUAWEI was careful not to confirm if it has 5G or not as it doesn’t mention anything about it or even 4G. Oh, and it can do satellite voice calls and messaging using China’s Tiantong satellite.
The official price for the HUAWEI Mate 60 Pro Plus is yet to be announced, which may have something to do with the finality of the chipset being used. We shall have that detail once we come near its shipping date, which will be on October 9. For now, those in China can already reserve a unit for a deposit of CNY1,000 (~Php7,700).
HUAWEI Mate 60 Pro Plus Specs
- HarmonsOS 4.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.82-inch LTPO OLED display, 2720 x 1260 pixel resolution, 440ppi
- 1Hz-120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 300Hz touch sampling
- 1,440Hz PWM dimming,10-bit colors
- Chipset: TBA
- 16GB RAM
- 512GB/1TB internal storage, expandable via NM card
- 13-megapixel ultra-wide + 3D ToF sensor
- 48-megapixel (f/1.4-f/4.0, Laser AF, OIS) + 48-megapixel (periscope lens, 3.5x zoom, PDAF) + 40-megapixel (ultra-wide) rear cameras, LED flash
- Under-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- dual-band GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC, BDS
- IR blaster
- Satellite voice calls and messaging
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.7 x 79 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 225g
- Colors: Light Gold, Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 88W wired, 50W wireless, 20W reverse wireless charging