In a surprising move, Huawei has introduced a new member of the Nova series. The new Huawei Nova 10z comes out as everyone anticipates the brand will launch the flagship Mate 50 series instead.
The Huawei Nova 10z doesn’t feel like an entirely new device. It bears a lot of similarities to the Nova 8 SE Youth, with a set of specs that we’ve either already expected or don’t know at all.
Huawei didn’t bother to mention the exact CPU model they used on this one. However, they did say that it is quite similar to the Kiri 710A chip that’s powering a lot of its midrange phones for years.
The exact RAM capacity was not mentioned, either, but the listing did say that you can get it with either 128GB or 256GB of internal storage.
For the display, it uses a standard 6.6-inch FHD+ LCD panel, with a punch-hole for the selfie camera. On the back, there’s a 64-megapixel main shooter, joined by an 8-megapixel ultra-wide and a 2-megapixel macro lens.
Keeping the lights on is a relatively small 4,000mAh battery, but with a speedy 40W charging support. It ships with the brand’s own HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system.
The Huawei Nova 10Z has a price of CNY1,599 (around Php13,100) and CNY1,799 (around Php14,800) for the 128GB and 256GB variants, respectively. They are now available in China while release details in other markets are yet to be confirmed.
Huawei Nova 10Z Specs
- HarmonyOS 2.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.6-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 399ppi
- Octa-core processor
- 128GB/256GB internal storage
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (PDAF, f/1.9) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Single loudspeaker, 3.5mm headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 160.7 x 73.3 x 8.4mm
- Weight 179g
- Colors: Green, Silver, Black
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 40W fast charging