Huawei has a brand new mid-range smartphone announced in China. Meet the new Huawei Nova 6 SE.
Let’s get the obvious out of the way first. The Huawei Nova 6 SE has a familiar design on the back. The quad-camera is placed in a rectangular notch, which looks similar to the iPhone 11 series.
The cameras configuration is pretty standard. It starts with the 48-megapixel main camera, then the usual inclusions such as the 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and two 2-megapixel cameras for depth sensing and macro shots.
Meanwhile, a punch-hole on the top left of the screen houses the 16-megapixel selfie camera.
But unlike the Nova 6 and Nova 6 5G, this one is powered by a mid-range Kirin 810 processor, instead of the flagship Kirin 990. It’s partnered with a generous 8GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable storage.
On the upside, the Huawei Nova 6 SE has a 4,200mAh battery with an ultra-fast 40W Huawei SuperCharge support.
Huawei Nova 6 SE Specs
- Android 10, EMUI 10.0.1
- Dual SIM
- 6.4-inch FHD+ LCD display, 2310 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~398ppi
- DC1-P3 wide color gamut
- 2.27GHz Kirin 810 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Mali-G52 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via NM card up to 256GB
- 16-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (ultra wide) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor), PDAF, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- 4G LTE, HSPA+
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS< BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 159.2 x 76.3 x 8.7mm
- Weight: 183g
- Colors: Forest Green, Phantom Black, Sakura Snow Clear Sky
- 4,200mAh non-removable battery
The Huawei Nova 6 SE has a price of CNY2,199 (~Php15,900). It will go on sale in China on December 12, while its pricing and availability in the Philippines is yet to be announced.