Huawei just released the latest installation to the Nova series. Meet the new Huawei Nova 6 and Nova 6 5G.
Launched in China, Huawei Nova 6 will pack some flagship-level specs, minus the high-end price tag.
The new Nova 6 will be powered by the latest Kirin 990 processor, the same chipset found on the flagship Mate 30 series. The Nova 6 5G model will come with the same processor, with the inclusion of the Balong 5000 5G modem.
Another main difference between the Nova 6 and Nova 6 5G models is their batteries. The standard model comes with 4,100mAh, while the latter has a slightly bigger 4,200mAh capacity. On the upside, both devices will enjoy 40W of Huawei’s SuperCharge technology.
Now, on the similarities. Both Huawei Nova 6 models will sport a large 6.57-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen, with a punch-hole on the top left that houses 32-meagpixel and 8-megapixel ultra-wide cameras. They should be perfect for taking sharp selfies and group shots.
Meanwhile, we have a triple camera setup. There’s the 40-megapixel main shooter, 8-megapixel telephoto (with OIS) and an 8-megapixel ultra-wide.
It’s also worth noting that the back looks identical to the P30 Pro, especially in this Aurora color option.
But unlike their flagship, the Nova 6 series doesn’t have an in-display fingerprint scanner. But to make up for it, Huawei used a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. This shall keep the back panel look clean.
The Huawei Nova 6 has a retail price of CNY3,199 (~Php23,000) for the 8GB/128GB. Meanwhile, the Nova 6 5G variant starts at CNY3,799 (~Php27,400) for the 8GB/128GB model, while the 8GB/256B variant is at CNY4,199 (~Php32,200).
It will go on sale in China starting December 12, while overseas sales, especially here in the Philippines, are yet to be known.
Huawei Nova 6 / Nova 6 5G Specs
- Android 10, EMUI 10
- Dual SIM
- 6.57-inch FHD+ LTPS LCD display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~400ppi
- 2.86GHz Kirin 990 octa-core processor
- Balong 5000 modem (5G model)
- 8GB RAM
- Mali-G76 GPU
- 128GB/256GB internal storage
- 32-megapixel + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) punch-hole front cameras
- 40-megapixel (f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (Telephoto, OIS) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.4)
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, MIMO, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS dual-frequency, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo, QZSS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162.7 x 75.8 x x 8.98mm
- Weight: 212g
- Colors: Black, Purple, Blue, and Honey Red (5G model)
- 4,100mAh (non 5G), 4,200 (5G model) non-removable battery, 40W SuperCharge support