Aside from the flagship Huawei P20 series, Huawei also announced a new addition to their midrange lineup.
The Huawei Y7 Prime 2018 looks oddly familiar, and that’s because it’s actually the same phone as the Nova 2 Lite here in the Philippines. It was first revealed in the first week of March and it has been made available for purchase to the public last weekend.
This phone is for the youth who don’t have much to spend on a smartphone. And these days, there’s really no need to throw too much money to get decent performance. Like most recent smartphones, the Huawei Y7 Prime 2018 has an 18:9 aspect ratio 5.99-inch 720p screen.
Running everything is a humble Snapdragon 430 chipset. While it’s certainly not the most impressive processor in the budget segment, it gets the job done with the assistance of an Adreno 505 GPU and 3GB of RAM.
UPDATE: Check out our review of the Huawei Nova 2 Lite / Y7 Prime 2018.
Huawei Y7 Prime 2018 Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo, EMUI 8.0
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 5.99-inch HD+ IPS 18:9 Display, 1440 x 720 pixel resolution
- 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via micro SD
- Face unlock, Fingerprint scanner
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
- HSPA+, 4G, LTE
- 13-megapixel rear camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2-megapixel secondary rear camera
- 8-megapixel front camera with toning flash
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor
- Dimensions: 158.3×76.7×7.8mm
- Weight: 155g
- Colors: Matte Black, Blue, Gold
- 3,000mAh non-removable battery
Will the Y7 Prime 2018 come to the Philippines? Probably not, as we already have its local counterpart here. So if you’re interested in getting this handset, check out the Huawei Nova 2 Lite instead, priced at only Php9,990.
If you want to check out how this phone fares against its competition, we have a bunch of specs comparisons here.