The Huawei Y9 2018 gets updated immediately with a 2019 variant. This new model gains a new design, more powerful processor, and an even larger screen.
From the 5.93-inch screen that the 2018 model has, the Huawei Y9 2019 now has a 6.5-inch FHD+ display with a notch on top. Huawei also used their new Kirin 710 chipset on the newer model, which is the same processor found on the Nova 3i.
However, the quad-camera setup is the same from its predecessor. There’s a 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel combo on the front and a 16-megapixel + 2-megapixel sensors on the back. The 4,000mAh battery on the 2018 model was also carried on to the 2019 update.
Probably the most noticeable change is the design. Other than the display notch on the front, the back panel on the newer model has a shiny texture and is available in Midnight Black, Blue Swarovski, and the dual-tone Aurora Purple color option.
The official pricing and availability for the Huawei Y9 2019 are yet to be announced. But what we do know is that it will come in two RAM and storage variants — there’s the 4GB/64GB model and a more generous 6GB/128GB variant.
Huawei Y9 2019 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, EMUI 8.2
- Dual SIM
- 6.5-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~396ppi
- 2.2Ghz Kirin 710 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- Mali-G51 MP4, GPU Turbo Technology
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 400GB
- 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual front camera
- 16-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- microUSB 2.0
- Dimensions: 162.4 x 77.1 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 173g
- Colors: Aurora Purple, Midnight Black, Blue Swarovski
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery