Since its announcement a couple of months ago, the LG G3 phone is one of the most talked about and anticipated phones this year. And why not? With its beefy specs and elegant aesthetics, it truly seems like a remarkable phone, well at least on paper. In every way, it trumps its predecessor, and would be able to give its competitors the shivers. Just look at the specs:
LG G3 Specifications
- 5.5″ True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, Quad-HD (1440 x 2560 pixels, i.e. 2K) resolution (~534 ppi pixel density)
- Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon 801 Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400 with Adreno 330 GPU
- 2GB/3GB RAM and 16GB/32GB ROM, expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 13MP rear camera with phase detection/laser autofocus, optical image stabilization, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 2.1MP front camera
- 3G/4G, WiFi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, IR, GPS + GLONASS
- Android 4.4.2
- 3000mAh removable battery
- SRP: PhP 31,990 (16GB) / PhP 35,990 (32GB)
Via a huge launch event last July 1 at Tent at Enderun, LG have officially released the phone here in the Philippines. There were generous amounts of test unist of the phone, as well as some samples of the LG smartwatch, the LG G Watch.
That gave us enough time to be able to get a feel of how the phone functions. I think the current biggest battleground of newer generations of smartphones is the camera feature, and LG showed that the phone performs in spades. In fact, their two biggest speakers (a fashion photographer, and a movie/commercial director) are there to tout about how well the phone takes both still and videos.
Overall, it’s safe to say that everyone’s been impressed with what we were shown. Of course, the camera features aren’t all that, since LG have also added a lot of other cool features as well. The phone’s new mantra “Simple is the New Smart” really shows in a lot of the phone’s components and features, offering a lot of advanced and powerful components, but are still uber easy to use.
Related: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review
I won’t go into a lot of detail just yet, and instead of providing you a hands-on preview of what the phone can do, I’ll give you a full review! Yes, I won a 16GB version during the raffle and I’ll be reviewing the unit in a week’s time! Stay tuned.
For now, let me share some pictures from the event, as well as some sample pics I took using the units on display.
LG G3 is now available on all LG dealers and partners nationwide for only Php29,990 for the 16GB model and Php33,990 for the 32GB variant.