One of the first smartphones to hit the runway at MWC 2017 is the LG G6 flagship.
The G6 is LG’s flagship for 2017 and it takes over the baton from the G5 released around this time last year. LG had to ditch the modular design of the G5 on the G6, obviously due to the not so impressive performance of last year’s flagship.
The LG G6 instead comes with a unique design and on top, it sports a 5.7-inch display surrounded by extremely tiny bezels. Despite the large display, the G6 still feels small in the hands because it uses an 18:9 aspect ratio and it is not as wide as it is long. It uses an all-metal body which gives it a sturdy look.
On the hardware end, the LG G6 comes equipped with a Snapdragon 821 processor backed by 4GB of RAM. There were rumors that the G6 would feature a Snapdragon 835 chipset but that ended up not being the case, perhaps due to the Samsung factor. The smartphone runs Android 7.0 Nougat and packs 32GB of storage which is expandable via microSD card. There is also a 3,300mAh battery keeping the smartphone running and it can be charged wirelessly as the phone comes with a wireless charging pad out of the box.
It also comes with a unique camera setup which involves using two cameras at the rear. Both rear cameras have 13MP sensors each, with both offering the same optical zoom found on the iPhone 7 Plus. There is a 5MP selfie shoot up front and lest we forget, the rear camera supports 4K video recording. The G6 has an IP68 level of waterproof and dustproof protection.
LG G6 Specs
- Android 7 Nougat with LGUX 6.0
- 5.7-inch QHD+ FullVisison Display, 2880 x 1440 pixel resolution, ~565ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 2.4GHz quad-core processor
- Adreno 530 graphics
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 2TB
- 13-megapixel f/1.8 + 13-megapixel f/2.2 wide-angle rear cameras with dual LED flash
- 5-megapixel f/2.2 wide-angle front camera
- WiFi 802.11ac
- LTE-A 3 Band CA up to 600 Mbps
- IP68 Dust and Water resistance
- 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC Chip
- GPS with aGPS support
- USB Type-C 2.0
- Dolby Vision
- Bluetooth 4.2 BLE
- Fingerprint sensor
- HDR 10
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 163 gram
- 3,300mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0