Meizu had a pretty jam-packed launch in India recently. Alongside the budget-friendly Meizu C9, the company also announced the Meizu 16th and the Meizu M6T.
Let’s start with the Meizu 16th. This is actually just the global version of the high-end M16 that was launched in China way back in August. This device brags the flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
Its 6-inch Super AMOLED screen flaunts an in-display fingerprint scanner. And the good thing is, Meizu is sparing us from the annoying notch as it sticks with an 18:8 aspect ratio.
Just like most devices in 2018, the Meizu 16th will come with a dual camera setup on the back. What we have here are 12-megapixel and 20-megapixel rear cameras, with optical image stabilizer and 3x optical zoom.
It also features some sort of water cooling technology and dual speakers — which is surprisingly rare to most high-end smartphones today.
The Meizu 16th will be available for INR39,999 (~Php29,900).
Meizu 16th Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo, Flyme 7 OS
- 6-inch Super AMOLED FHD+ display, 2160 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~402ppi
- 89.57% screen-to-body ratio
- 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage
- 20-megapixel front camera
- 12-megapixel + 20-megapixel dual rear cameras, OIS, 3x optical zoom, laser autofocus, f/1.8, 6-LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner, AI face unlock
- Stereo speakers
- mEngine 2.0
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band, MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS, BDS, SBAS, QZSS, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 150.5 73.2 x 7.3mm
- Weight: 152g
- 3,010mAh non-removable battery
Up next, we have the Meizu M6T, which is basically the 6T for the global market. Unlike the Meizu 16th, the M6T only comes with a MediaTek MT6750 octa-core processor, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, and a slew of toned-down hardware.
The 5.7-inch screen uses an HD+ IPS panel, while on the back we only have a 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel camera combo. Of course, the fingerprint scanner has been moved out of the screen and has been relocated at the back.
Meizu M6T Specs
- Android 7.0 Nougat, Flyme OS 6.2
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (nano)
- 5.7-inch HD+ 18:9 Display, 1440 x 720 pixel resolution, ~282ppi
- 1.5GHz MediaTek MT6750 octa-core processor
- Mali T860 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 13-megapixel f/2.2 aperture + 2-megapixel f/2.0 aperture rear cameras, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G VoLTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi hotspot
- GPS, GLONASS
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Dimensions: 152.3 x 73 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 145 g
- Colors: Red, Gold, Black
- 3,300mAh non-removable battery
The Meizu M6T will retail for INR7,999 (~Php5,900). Both models will be available in India as Amazon-exclusive devices.