The Meizu 16Xs was just made official, and it packs fancy features for a midrange device.
Right on the front, there’s the vibrant 6.2-inch Super AMOLED screen with a fingerprint scanner baked right in. The Meizu 16Xs also has a triple camera setup on the back that consists of a 48-megapixel primary shooter, an 8-megapixel sensor with an ultra wide-angle lens, and the usual 5-megapixel depth-sensor.
Unlike most devices today, the 16Xs is sparing us from the notch, nor a levitating camera. Instead, Meizu has added an ultra-thin bezel on top of the screen to accommodate the 16-megapixel selfie snapper.
But then again, the Meizu 16Xs is still a midrange device. It’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 octa-core processor, which is partnered by 6GB of RAM and up to 128GB of storage.
The device will have a 4,000mAh battery with an 18W mCharge support. The company also announced a USB Type-C headphone dubbed as the Meizu EP2C for CNY129 (~Php1,000).
Meizu 16Xs Specs
- Android 9 Pie, Flyme OS 7
- Dual SIM
- 6.2-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2232 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~403ppi
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Adreno 612 GPU
- 64GB/128GB internal storage
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.7) + 8-megapixel (f/1.9, ultra wide) + 5-megapixel (depth sensor), PDAF, dual-tone flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 152 x 74.4 x 8.3mm
- Weight: 165g
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W mCharge support
The Meizu 16Xs will be available in China starting June 10. The base model 64GB variant will retail for CNY1,698 (~Php12,800), while the 128GB configuration will be at CNY1,998 (~Php15,100).