OPPO has a new addition to their Reno line-up. This time we have the midrange OPPO Reno Z, and it has a couple of interesting features.
To start, the OPPO Reno Z is powered by a MediaTek Helio P90 processor. An acceptable compromise over the processors that the standard Reno and Reno 10x models have.
OPPO also removed the shark’s fin pop-up camera in lieu of a waterdrop notch to house its 32-megapixel camera. While on the back we have a 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 primary camera with a supporting 5-megapixel depth-sensor.
The device also has the O-dot on the back. It’s basically a small, ceramic node that slightly raises up the device when laid in the flat surface, so it wouldn’t scratch the camera lens.
On the upside, we still have a 6.4-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED screen on the front, with HDR10 support and a fingerprint scanner built underneath it.
The OPPO Reno Z will also sport the company’s VOOC 3.0 fast charging, something that we also saw on the OPPO F11. The RAM and storage combinations are a bit odd. You can get it at 6GB/256GB and 8GB/128GB configurations.
OPPO Reno Z Specs
- Android 9.0 Pie, ColorOS 6
- Dual SIM
- 6.4-inches FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~403ppi
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Helio P90 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- PowerVR GM9446 GPU
- 128GB/256GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 32-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (Sony IMX586, f/1.7) + 5-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 157.3 x 74.9 x 9.1mm
- Weight: 186g
- Colors: Extreme Night Black, Bead White, Star Purple, Coral Orange
- 4,035 non-removable battery, VOOC 3.0
The OPPO Reno Z will be available in China starting June 6. The 6GB/256GB model will be at CNY2,499 (~Php18,900), while the price for the 8GB/128GB is yet to be announced.