Motorola brings a new midrange phone with a couple of high-end features. Check out the Edge 30.
The Motorola Edge 30 is a nice compromise over the Edge 30 Pro. It may not be as packed as its bigger brother, but this too still has an interesting display, cameras, and of course, processor.
Although slightly smaller, the non-Pro model still has an impressive 6.5-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen, which boasts a speedy 144Hz refresh rate, 10-bit color, and HDR10+ support. Sadly, the use of Corning Gorilla Glass was not mentioned.
Motorola also nailed the battery department with its stereo speakers paired with Dolby Atmos technology.
The vanilla Edge 30 also gets to have two 50-megapixel cameras. The first one uses a standard lens with optical image stabilization and has all-pixel autofocus.
Meanwhile, the second 50-megapixel camera comes with an ultra-wide-angle lens, which can also be used for macro shots. Camera app features include dual capture, super slow motion, instant night vision, and more.
Under the hood, the Motorola Edge 30 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G Plus processor — not a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, but still one of the most powerful in its segment.
The chipset comes with 8GB RAM and a choice between 128GB and 256GB of storage, which is sadly non-expandable.
While it’s slightly smaller than the Pro, the battery may have had an unnecessary downgrade. This one now only has a 4,020mAh battery (versus 4,800mAh), with half the charging speed at 33W.
For the software side, the Edge 30 ships with the Android 12 operating system. Motorola adds a couple of their touches to it, but not too much to constitute a third-party interface.
The Motorola Edge 30 retails for EUR449 (around Php24,700) and will be available in select markets soon. Hopefully, that includes the Philippines.
Motorola Edge 30 Specs
- Android 12
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.5-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 404ppi
- 144Hz refresh rate
- 10-bit color, DCI-P3, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G Plus octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Adreno 642L GPU
- 128GB/256GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 32-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (omni PDAF, f/1.5, OIS) + 50-megapixel (ultra-wide/macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- IP 52 splash resistant
- Dedicated Google Assistant button
- Stereo speaker
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6E, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, LTEPP, SUPL
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 159.38 x 74.236 x 6.79mm
- Weight: 155g
- Colors: Meteor Grey, Aurora Green, Supermoon Silver
- 4,020mAh non-removable battery, 33W TurboPower charging