Motorola just released a couple of new high-end smartphones. One of them, the Motorola Edge 30 Ultra, is quite special as it is big on numbers. Fittingly so since this is the best smartphone the company currently makes.
So, what makes the Motorola Edge 30 Ultra special? Well, other than the usual flagship features like a high-end CPU, the device has the world’s highest megapixel camera on a smartphone. It uses Samsung’s new 200-megapixel ISOCELL HP1 sensor that’s 1/1.22-inch in size.
It uses a whopping 16-in-1 pixel binning technology to output 12.5-megapixel images with a 2.56µm pixel pitch. The large sensor sure gives you flexibility as it can also output 50-megapixel images at 1.28μm.
The aperture is not the brightest at f/1.95, but it does come with optical image stabilization.
Joining the ultra-sharp sensor is an equally impressive 50-megapixel ultra-wide lens and a 12-megapixel telephoto shooter that can do 2x optical zoom.
Of course, the selfie camera is quite packed, too, as it also uses a pixel-packed 60-megapixel sensor from OmniVision.
The said selfie camera sits in a punch-hole on top of the 6.67-inch FHD+ pOLED panel that boasts a 144Hz refresh rate.
Under the hood, it is powered by none other than the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 5G flagship processor, joined by 12GB of RAM and up to 512GB of storage.
The battery has a 4,610mAh capacity, a little lower than the usual 5,000mAh, but it does help the device achieve its thin profile.
What’s impressive is, it has a blazing-fast 125W TurboPower wired charging. If that’s not enough, it also has impressive 50W wireless charging support.
The Motorola Edge 30 Ultra has a starting price of EUR899 (around Php51,400) for the 128GB base model. Hopefully, it arrives in the Philippines soon, so stay tuned for updates.
Motorola Edge 30 Ultra Specs
- Android 12
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.67-inch FHD+ pOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 395ppi
- 144Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling,
- 1250-nits peak brightness, HDR10+, 10-bit
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 front and back
- 3.19GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 octa-core processor
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 128GB/256GB/512GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 60-megapixel front camera
- 200-megapixel (f/1.9, PDAF, OIS) + 50-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 12-megapixel (2x telephoto) rear cameras, LED flash
- No headphone jack
- Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- ThinkShield for mobile
- Under-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- IP52 water protection
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- dual-band GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 161.76 x 73.5 x 8.39mm
- Weight: 198.5g
- Colors: Starlight White, Interstellar Black
- 4,610mAh non-removable battery, 125W TurboPower wired charging, 50W wireless charging, 10W reverse wireless charging