Nokia has subtly launched the new Nokia G42 in the Philippines.
For a quick recap, the Nokia G42 was first introduced in June featuring the brand’s QuickFix design that allows users to replace the battery on their own and do basic repairs by themselves. We’re starting to see such a feature on a lot of Nokia phones as it promotes sustainability.
An entry-level release, the device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 480+ processor, joined by 128GB of expandable storage, and 6GB of RAM with up to 5GB virtual RAM expansion.
There’s only a 6.56-inch HD+ display but with a high 90Hz refresh rate. The fingerprint scanner is on the side.
An 8-megapixel selfie camera sits on top of the display, while on the back, we have a triple camera setup that consists of a 50-megapixel main camera, 2-megapixel macro lens, and 2-megapixel depth sensor.
It ships with an easily-removable 5,000mAh battery with a 20W charger.
In a Facebook post, Nokia Mobile said that the Nokia G42 is available on their cross-border shop on Shopee called Nokia Official Flagship Store where it retails for Php11,242 with a special voucher NOKI91323 for an extra Php600 off. The device will be shipping from Mainland China.
Nokia G42 Specs
- Android 13
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.56-inch HD+ IPS display, 1612 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 480+ octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Adreno 619 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 1TB
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.8) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED has
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 165 x 75.8 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 193.8g
- Colors: Purple, Gray
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 20W charging