The highly anticipated, much-hyped smartphone from Nothing — a new brand from the ex-OnePlus chief — has been announced. Meet the Nothing Phone 1.
As some of us already know, the key highlight of the Nothing Phone 1 is its design. It has a transparent back that boasts “Glyph interface” LED lighting which lights up when you get a notification, wireless charging, and more.
Two large lenses are inside one of the LED lights. Both are 50-megapixel shooters, with the main one sporting an IMX766 sensor with optical image stabilization (OIS), while the second one is a JN1 from Samsung that sits behind an ultra-wide lens.
Another Sony lens sits in a punch-hole at the top of the screen for selfies. It’s a 16-megapixel IMX471 camera.
Speaking of the screen, what we’re looking at here is a 6.55-inch display with an FHD+ resolution. What’s more, it uses a fancy OLED panel that can do 1,200 nits of peak brightness, 240Hz touch sampling, and is protected by Gorilla Glass 5. It also has uniform bezels all around.
Audio is handled by the stereo speakers. No 3.5mm headphone jack, though.
While most phones get 5,000mAh batteries, this one only has a 4,500mAh battery, possibly to keep its slim profile. It is paired with 33W wired charging, 15W wireless, and 5W reverse wireless charging to top-up accessories like the Nothing Ear 1 TWS earphones.
Besides the hardware, the Nothing Phone 1 also has pretty interesting software. It runs on Nothing OS 1, which is based on the Android 12 operating system.
Nothing promises reliability, so they didn’t bombard it with skins and bloatware. It will also get three years of updates and four years of security patches. The UI also has quick access to Nothing Ear 1 settings, controls for Tesla cars, and has a built-in home screen for NFTs.
The Nothing Phone 1 has a starting price of INR32,999 (~Php23,400) for the 8GB/128GB model, INR35,999 (~Php25,500) for the 8GB/256GB, and INR38,999 (~Php27,600) for the 12GB/256GB. It will be initially available in select markets and is confirmed to arrive in the Philippines really soon.
Nothing Phone 1 Specs
- Android 12, Nothing OS
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.55-inch FHD+ OLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 402ppi
- 60Hz-120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate
- HDR10+, 10-bit, 1,200-nits peak brightness
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G+ 5G octa-core processor
- Adreno 642L GPU
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (IMX766, OIS, PDAF, f/1.9) + 50-megapixel (JN1, ultra-wide, f/2.2) rear cameras, LED flash
- IP53 splash resistant
- Rear LED lights
- Stereo speakers, No headphone jack
- 3x microphones
- Haptic touch motors
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- Dual-band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 159.2 x 75.8 x 8.3mm
- Weight: 193.5g
- Colors: Transparent White, Transparent Black
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, 33W fast charging, 15W wireless charging, 5W reverse wireless charging