After a couple of teasers, the OnePlus 10 Pro has been finally unveiled in all its glory.
The OnePlus 10 Pro has a lot of the latest specs you’d expect from a modern flagship. For one, it’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor, has an LTPO 2.0 AMOLED panel, and an adaptive refresh rate that switches from 1Hz to 120Hz depending on the task on hand.
There are reports suggesting that Qualcomm’s latest flagship chip runs hot dramatically. OnePlus is trying to address that with an improved cooling system that’s said to be 55% the size of an A4 paper.
This cooling mechanism could also keep the temperatures in check when charging its 5,000mAh battery via its 80W adapter. It also comes with ultra-fast 50W wireless charging.
OnePlus also drastically changed the design on the back, especially on the camera island. It holds the 48-megapixel IMX789 sensor, joined by a 50-megapixel Samsung JN1 behind a 150-degree ultra-wide lens as well as the 8-megapixel 3.3x telephoto lens. On the front, we have a 32-megapixel IMX615 shooter for selfies.
Hasselblad brings their expertise to the device with the Natural Color Optimisation 2.0 and Pro Mode 2.0 RAW shooting mode.
Since it’s coming out in China first, the device will ship with OPPO’s Android 12-based ColorOS 12.1. The global model should still run on the brand’s OxygenOS.
It will be available in two colors: Green and Black. Like a lot of brands, we expect OnePlus to release additional colors in the future to spice things up.
The OnePlus 10 Pro starts at CNY4,699 (around Php37,700) for the 8GB/128GB base model, while the top-of-the-line 12GB/256GB variant will be at CNY5,299 (around Php42,500). International release details, especially here in the Philippines, are yet to be revealed.
OnePlus 10 Pro Specs
- Android 12.1, ColorOS 12.1 (China)
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.7-inch QHD+ LTPO 2.0 AMOLED display, 3216 x 1440 pixel resolution, 525ppi
- 1Hz-120Hz refresh rate, 800-nits peak brightness, Ambient color sensor
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- 3.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 octa-core processor
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 32-megapixel (IMX615) front camera
- 48-megapixel (IMX789, f/1.8, OIS, omnidirectional PDAF) + 50-megapixel (JN1, f/2.2, 150-degree ultra-wide) + 8-megapixel (3.3x telephoto, OIS, PDAF) rear cameras, dual-LED flash
- Hasselblad Natural Color Optimisation 2.0, Pro Mode 2.0 RAW shooting mode
- Under-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Custom X-axis vibration motor
- No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- dual-band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163 x 73.9 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 200.5g
- Colors: Black, Green
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 80W wired fast charging, 50W wireless fast charging, Reverse wireless charging