The OnePlus 8T has been made official, and it offers a couple of significant upgrades that we should’ve already had on the original models.
One of the key upgrades that the OnePlus 8T has is its Warp Charge 65W technology. That’s about twice as fast as the Warp Charge 30T that the initial OnePlus 8 models had.
The battery is also slightly larger at 4,500mAh from 4,300mAh. OnePlus even used a couple of safety sensors, so the phone doesn’t blow up at max charging speeds. Plus, a special chip on the charging cable and adapter to detect counterfeits.
OnePlus also revamped the power adapter. Instead of the standard Type-A, it has a Type-C port. It can now support USB Power Delivery that can provide up to 45W of power to your laptop, tablet, Nintendo Switch, and other devices.
The OnePlus 8T is also the first from the company to come with an Always-On Display feature. It has 11 pre-installed designs, or, use the AI algorithm that will help design an AOD wallpaper that matches your outfit or any image you feed to it.
As for the display itself, it inherits the OnePlus 8 Pro’s 120Hz refresh rate, with a 6.55-inch FHD+ AMOLED display that’s said to offer accurate colors and a max brightness of 1,100nits.
The rest of the specs are similar to before. It’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset instead of the 865 Plus. But, it does have a much larger vapor chamber for cooling. It’s paired with up to 12GB of RAM and 256GB of UFS 2.1 storage.
The OnePlus 8T also has the same 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 sensor, 16-megapixel ultra-wide, 5-megapixel macro, and 2-megapixel depth sensor. We also have the new video portrait mode, improved Nightscape mode, and Super Stable for improved video stabilization.
Update: OnePlus 8T 8GB/128GB is available in the Philippines for Php29,990.
The OnePlus 8T has an official of INR42,999 (around Php28,500) for the 8GB/128GB model, while the 12GB/256GB will be at INR45,999 (around Php30,500). It will go on sale in India starting October 16, while its arrival in the Philippines is yet to be announced.
OnePlus 8T Specs
- Android 11, OxygenOS 11
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.55-inch FHD+ Fluid AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~402ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, Always-On display, Corning Gorilla Glass
- 2.84GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 octa-core processor
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.7, PDAF, OIS) + 16-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 5-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, dual-LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Stereo speakers
- No headphone jack
- 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- Dual-band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, SBAS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 160.7 x 74.1 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 188g
- Colors: Lunar Silver, Aquamarine Green
- 4,500mAh battery, 65W fast charging