OPPO introduced a 4G version of the A55 and it’s one of the new midrange phones that sports a 50-megapixel main camera.
The OPPO A55 4G swaps the Dimensity 700 of the 5G model with the trusty Helio G35 chipset. It may lack 5G, but it does have a couple of advantages over the initial variant.
As stated earlier, it has a much sharper 50-megapixel main camera. Plus, a better 16-megapixel selfie snapper. The macro and depth sensors are untouched. No ultra-wide.
It also has a faster 18W charger that can give 33% of charge on its 5,000mAh battery in just half an hour. It also has Optimize Night Charging technology that keeps it at 80% while you’re sleeping and finishes the charge in the morning.
Another battery optimization feature is the Night time standby mode that will only eat 1.37% of the battery while you sleep.
The rest of the specs are pretty standard. There’s a 6.51-inch HD+ screen, 60Hz refresh rate with 120Hz touch sampling, and USB Type-C port.
Price for the OPPO A55 4G starts at INR15,499 (around Php10,600) for the 4GB/64GB and is now up for pre-order in India and will go on sale on October 3. There’s also a 6GB/128GB model for INR17,499 (around Php11,900) that’s coming on the 11th.
OPPO A55 4G Specs
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.51-inch FHD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 270ppi
- 60Hz refresh rate, 120Hz touch sampling
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio G35 octa-core processor
- PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Headphone jack, Single loudspeaker
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.6 x 75.7 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 193g
- Colors: Rainbow Blue, Starry Black, Green
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging