Oppo has announced a new smartphone with mid-tier specifications.
The Oppo A59 went official in China and it’ll start to go on sale on June 18. The handset strongly resembles the design of Oppo F1 Plus, who took its design cues from Apple’s iPhone. I should say that it’s more of a compliment, though, as it’s a very well designed device.
It features a 5.5-inch HD IPS display, resulting to approximately 267 pixels-per-inch. It’s not of a high resolution, but the IPS panel makes it great to look at even in different angles. There’s a Mediatek MT6570 chipset running under the hood, together with Mali-T860 GPU and 3GB of RAM. A fingerprint sensor is embedded within the home button of the device.
Oppo A59 Specs
- Android 5.1 Lollipop, Color OS 3.0 UI
- Dual-SIM, Dual Standby
- 5.5-inch HD IPS Gorilla Glass Display, 1280×720 pixel resolution
- 1.5GHz octa-core Cortex-A53 MT6570 CPU
- Mali-T860 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 200GB via microSD
- 13-megapixel rear camera, autofocus, LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Dual-band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi hotspot
- 3G, LTE
- Bluetooth, NFC, FM Radio
- GPS, A-GPS
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 7.3mm thin
- Weight: 160g
- 3075mAh battery
The Oppo A59 is priced at RMB 1799 (~Php12,600) and it will be available in gold and rose gold. International availability is unknown as of the moment.