The OPPO A93 5G has been announced, a 5G-enabled entry-level smartphone that we expect to see in many markets this year.
With the OPPO A93 5G, you’re getting a Snapdragon 480 chipset. Qualcomm’s introduction of this CPU may finally allow markets like the Philippines to have entry-level 5G phones. Unlike the MediaTek-powered devices that barely made out of China.
Running a 5G modem can be taxing on the processor, hence the triple heat dissipation built-in on the device.
The rest of the specs are something to be expected of a 2021 smartphone. Like the Vivo Y31s a few days ago, the A93 5G has a fast 90Hz 6.5-inch FHD+ screen with a responsive 180Hz touch sampling rate. It also comes with a generous 5,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging.
OPPO placed the 8-megapixel selfie camera in a punch-hole on the top of the screen. While on the back, there’s a 48-megapixel main shooter and two 2-megapixel sensors.
OPPO A93 5G Specs
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Dual SIM, dual standby
- 6.5-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 405ppi
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 5G octa-core processor
- Triple heat dissipation system
- 8GB RAM
- Adreno 619 GPU
- 128GB/256GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) + 2-megapixel (mono) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- 4G LTE, dual-mode 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162.9 x 74.7 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 175g
- Colors: Aurora, Black, Silver
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging
The OPPO A93 5G has a price of CNY1,999 (around Php14,800) for the generous 256GB model, while the pricing for the cheaper 128GB variant is yet to be announced. Its release details in the Philippines and other markets are yet to be revealed.