This is the year when we’ll see 5G technology further penetrating the budget segment, and the introduction of the Vivo Y31s proves that.
The Vivo Y31s is the first to use the Snapdragon 480 processor — a chipset from the Snapdragon 400 series that’s the first to have 5G connectivity. Besides 5G, it will also bring significant performance gains over its preecesors.
Handling the graphics is an Adreno 619 GPU, with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. Meanwhile, a 5,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging ensures that you can browse at 5G speeds for long hours.
Another modern feature is a smooth 90Hz refresh rate on the screen, which we also expect to flourish in the entry-level market this year.
The rest of the specs are pretty standard. There’s the Android 11-based FuntouchOS 10.5, which shall be upgraded to OriginOS soon. We then have a waterdrop notch for the selfie camera, while on the back, we have a robot-like camera glass with the dual camera and LED flash in a triangle layout.
Vivo Y31s 5G Specs
- Android 11, FuntouchOS 10.5
- Dual SIM, dual standby
- 6.58-inch FHD+ LCD display, 2408 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~401ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate, 180 touch sampling
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Adreno 619 GPU
- 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Headphone jack
- 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6
- Bluetooth 5.1
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.15 x 75.35 x 8.40mm
- Weight: 185.5g
- Colors: White/Purple, Ruby Red, Titanium Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging
The Vivo Y31s has an official price of CNY1,698 (around Php12,600) and will be initially available in China. There’s also a high possibility that it will arrive in the Philippines very soon, so stay tuned for that.