Vivo’s iQOO brand just got a brand new flagship phone, the iQOO 7.
The Vivo iQOO 7 is one of the first smartphones powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 flagship processor. It offers modern connectivity features like 5G and performance gains over its predecessor.
It also boasts a whopping 120W fast charging, which we’re excited to see in more devices this year. That charges the 4,000mAh battery, split into two 2,000mAh to help achieve blazing charging speeds without setting the device on fire.
The iQOO 7 is also one of the firsts to come with Vivo’s latest OriginOS out of the box.
Another modern feature is its fast 120Hz 6.62-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen. Interestingly, the company claims that the touch sampling can reach up to a whopping 1000Hz, making it really smooth for gaming. The display is even pressure-sensitive for more granular controls on games.
There’s a punch-hole in the middle for the 16-megapixel selfie camera. On the back, there’s the 48-megapixel main shooter with OIS, 13-megapixel ultra-wide, and a 13-megapixel telephoto sensor with a 50mm equivalent lens that’s great for portraits.
As usual, China will get first dibs on the device. The Vivo iQOO 7 has a starting price of CNY3,798 (around Php28,200) for the 8GB/128GB, while the 12GB/256GB is at CNY4,198 (around Php31,200). It comes in blue, black, and a BMW M-sport variant with racing strips in the back.
Vivo iQOO 7 Specs
- Android 11, OriginOS
- Dual SIM, dual standby
- 6.62-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~394ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, 300Hz (up to 1000Hz) touch sampling rate, HDR10+
- 2.84GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 octa-core processor
- Adreno 660 GPU
- 128GB/256GB internal storage, non-expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8, OIS, PDAF) + 13-megapixel (f/2.2, ultra-wide, 120-degree) + 13-megapixel (f/2.5,50mm, 2x optical zoom) rear cameras, LED flash
- No headphone jack
- Stereo speaker, Hi-Res audio
- Optical in-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6
- Bluetooth 5.2
- Dual-band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162.2 x 75.8 x 8.7mm
- Weight: 209.5g
- Colors: Blue, Black, White (BMW M-Sport)
- 4,000mAh (2x 2,000mAh) non-removable battery, 120W fast charging